Create Twitter App with Consumer Key (API Key), Consumer Secret (API Secret), Access Token, Access Token Secret
1. In order to create Twitter application you need to provide your phone under Settings and Privacy. If you have done this already you can skip the first 2 steps.
2. Click on Mobile menu and provide your phone number, and follow the verification steps.
You must to apply for developer account first (if you don't have one already). This process takes 1-2 business days to get approved for developer account.
You will be asked to describe in minimum 200 characters what application will be used for.
Please do not write you are planing to send DMs automatically to your followers, you will not be approved. Try ideas like customer support over DM, smart boot/chat over DM, automatically reply to users inquiries over DMs and Tweets, ...
Please make sure you will select no for "Are you planning to analyze Twitter data?" and for "Do you plan to display Tweets or aggregate data about Twitter content outside of Twitter?" and for "Will your product, service or analysis make Twitter content or derived information available to a government entity?".
3.2 Go to https://developer.twitter.com/ to create your twitter application. Sign in with your Twitter user.
Once you approved for developer account, select "apps" from top-right menu under your user-name. And the click on "Create an app".
4. Complete form (only required fields), as shown in the example below. Do not write exact same thing, this is existing example. Website URL can be anything, your Facebook page, your actual website, or any other valid URL. Click on "Create" button at the bottom to create the app
5. Click on Permissions tab, and click on Edit button
Change permissions to "Read, write, and direct messages"
6. Click on "Keys and tokens" tab, and click on "Create" button to generate access token and access token secret keys
7. And now you can copy the Consumer Key (API Key), Consumer Secret (API Secret), Access Token, Access Token Secret on to our website into matching fields. Then click on "Save App Keys" on our website to save these details.
- If at some point of time you found that no DMs were sent for a long period of time, please check your twitter app status on https://developer.twitter.com/en/apps
- If your app got suspended, create a new one instead following the same steps outlined above and update app credentials on our website accordingly
- If you click to regenerate access keys for your app on https://developer.twitter.com/en/apps, please make sure you will update our service with a new keys
- It is strongly recommended to use our special tags %SUB_TWITTER_F_NAME% or %SUB_TWITTER_UNAME% which makes each sent DM unique and lowers the possibility of getting caught by Twitter SPAM filters
- Old way of creating Twitter app